Board/Administrator Recognition Ceremony
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 6:30 pm
Board Meeting to follow at 7:30 pm
Friday, May 27, 2016 - School Closed
Monday, May 30, 2016 - School Closed
Memorial Day Observance
Vision of Light Award!
Congratulations Maria Montanez
School Nurse of the Year!
SUPERINTENDENT'S MONTHLY MESSAGE
Here we are in the last full month before school lets out! WOW...where has the year gone? As we tear pages from the calendar in anticipation of the summer break, the staff of the Rumson School District is gearing up for its second wind to prepare for a busy and exciting end-of-the-year. From “moving on up” for the third grade to “moving on out” for the 8th grade, we have a lot of celebrating to get done while maintaining a strong academic finish.
Part of this celebrating is to honor the dedicated staff we have here in the Rumson School District. I have not known them even for a year yet I am sold on the fact that they are awesome! So much has changed in their world as educators since I came into the district and I cannot thank them enough for the level of openness and willingness they have displayed for the sake of ensuring the very best education for the students of Rumson.
As part of this celebration, we honor several retirees who will be leaving us at the end of the school year.
- Mr. Ken Grasso- Grade 2 Teacher
- Mrs. Heather deLaszlo - Middle School Health Teacher
- Mr. Bill Lamberson- Custodian
- Ms. Denise Friedmann - SBA/BS
While sad to see them go, we wish them all the best. In the famous words of Dr. Seuss in Oh, The Places You’ll Go!, “Congratulations! Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! You're off and away! So...be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Brayor, Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea, you're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way!”
In addition to our retirees, this month we celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week from May 2 through May 6th. This week is filled with the celebration of our entire school staff for all they do! Thanks to the PTO and the Rumson school community for the many fabulous events and treats planned for them. For those of you interested in knowing what you can do to say thank you, the very best gift of all is simply that…”Thank You!” Hearing a few words of appreciation from students and parents is a gift that lasts a lifetime for an educator.
May is also our opportunity to share with the community information about our 2016-2017 school budget. On April 27, 2016 the Rumson Board of Education approved the budget for the 2016-2017 school year. This budget maintains a commitment to the excellence in education the Rumson School District strives to accomplish by continuing to fund proven programs and practices while adding others to elevate students’ experiences. The 2016-2017 Budget supports the realization of student potential through…
- addition of a 4th & 5th grade science specialist position
- revision of ELA & Math curriculum & program materials
- expansion of STEM curriculum and programs
- revision of Gifted & Talented and Basic Skills programs
- addition of project-based learning approaches to teaching & learning
- initiation of a new 6-8 science curriculum
- replacement of aging technology
- installation of new gymnasium floor and bleachers at Forrestdale
- professional development of teachers in new reading programs, data analysis processes, character education initiatives, revision of K-5 science curriculum
- repair of Forrestdale greenhouse
- security upgrades
Visit the Rumson Borough School District website at http://www.rumsonschool.org to learn more about the approved 2016-2017 school budget by viewing the User Friendly Budget and the Public Budget Presentation given at the April BOE meeting.
Before end-of-the-school year momentum takes control of us all I invite parents and community members to reach out to me to share any thoughts, concerns, or ideas. It is always good to hear from you as I begin to prepare for a summer of reflecting and planning with my staff. I can always be reached at email@example.com.
John E. Bormann, Ed. D.
Click on the following links for information:
Get the Rumson School app!
|Genesis Parent Access|
|Summer Reading and Math Assignments|
|District Testing Calendar|
|Mission Statement (pdf)|
|School Report Card|
|Report Bullying Incident|
|Rumson Policy Manual|
|Lunch Home Page|
|School Safety Committee Parent Application|
|Request Maintenance or Use of School Facilities|
|Use of Facilities Forms|
|Board Agenda and Minutes|
|Rumson Education Foundation|
|RFH Home Page|
|Borough of Rumson|
|Rumson-Fair Haven Community Alliance|
|School Lunch Questions|
|Bus Transportation Questions|
Alerts and Reminders
CDC Confirms Second Case of Zika in NJ
CDC Confirms Second Travel-Related Zika Virus Case in NJ
Acting Commissioner, Physicians to Meet With Pregnant Women, College Students in #ZapZika Public Education Campaign
Important Health Information
Please be advised that there has been an increase in gastrointestinal illnesses within Monmouth County that includes abdominal cramping, nausea, and vomiting. Attached is the press release from Monmouth County Health Department with guidelines to minimize the spread.
Gifted and Talented Programming Changes for 2016-2017.
Here are the grade level specific screen casts and Power Points.
Grade 8 Awards Criteria (pdf)
Grade 8 staff will recognize students, by subject, in two distinct areas: commitment and excellence.
Water Testing in Rumson Schools
Water testing in Rumson Schools.
Rumson User Friendly Budget 2016-2017 (pdf)
16-17 School Budget Presentation (pdf)
16-17 Pre-School Registration
The Rumson Public School District is pleased to announce year seven of the implementation of its integrated preschool program. The program will begin on Sept. 6, 2016 and will serve three (3) and four (4) year old children. Morning and afternoon sessions will be held five days per week.
Non-resident Tuition Students
The Rumson School District
is now accepting applications for Non-Resident Tuition Students in grades K-5 for the 2016-2017 school year.
Placements are limited depending on enrollment.
The Rumson Public School District is known for providing
children with quality academic challenges and social experiences that we all want for our children.Tours are available.
If you are interested in providing your child with a strong academic experience, please contact Denise Guerci
at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-842-4747 or obtain
application materials and tuition information right here.
As signs of spring-like weather begin to appear we would like to take this opportunity to ask parents to help us in ensuring the safest delivery and pick-up of our students. Please review these Spring Safety Tips!
At the February 24, 2016 meeting of the Rumson Board of Education student recognition took place as follows:
The Board of Education recognized the following students for their achievements:
- Josette S. (Grade 7) Spelling Bee Winner
- Peter O. (Grade 7) Geography Bee Winner; 3rd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Kevin B. (Grade 7) Speech Competition 1st Place
- Micaeli D. (Grade 6) Speech Competition 2nd Place
- Rylie S. (Grade 8) Speech Competition 3rd Place
- Jackson P. (Grade 7) Speech Competition 4th Place
- Bradley M. (Grade 6) AMTNJ Middle School Math Contest; 3rd Place MAST Academic Tournament; Math Counts Chapter Competition
- Gustav H. (Grade 8) AMTNJ Middle School Math Contest; 2nd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Jonas E. (Grade 8) AMTNJ Middle School Math Contest; 2nd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Matthew G. (Grade 8) AMTNJ Middle School Math Contest
- Thomas C. (Grade 7) AMTNJ Middle School Math Contest
- Peter R. (Grade 8) 2nd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Gray B. (Grade 8) 2nd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Tristan I. (Grade 8) 2nd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Jordan O. (Grade 8) 3rd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Caroline F. (Grade 8) 3rd Place MAST Academic Tournament
- Emmett F. (Grade 7) Top Scorer - Math Counts Chapter Competition
- Sarah M. (Grade 7) Math Counts Chapter Competition
- Chloe G. (Grade 7) Math Counts Chapter Competition
- Delaney B. (Grade 7) Math Counts Chapter Competition
See attached letter from the Superintendent and Policy.
Bell schedule 2015-2016 (pdf)
Board of Education Goals and District Goals 15-16 (pdf)
Sports Related Eye Injuries (pdf)
An Educational Fact Sheet for parents.
School Climate Survey
We are asking parents to fill out a school climate survey. The purpose is to obtain the thoughts, opinions and perceptions about the environment at their child's school. How parents, students, and staff feel about their school influences the learning environment at the school and a positive environment maximizes student achievement. Our survey also includes feedback on the types of topics you would like discussed during our parent chats.
Thank you in advance for your participation.
Click "More" to take survey.
Rumson School District Social Media
Communication is paramount to our team effort. As a result the administrative team and I have been focused on ensuring new pathways to share with the community highlighting the great teaching, learning, and experiences occurring in the Rumson School District.
- For those of you that use Twitter you can now follow us at @Rumsonbulldawgs
- For those of you that use Facebook you can now follow us at Rumson School District page (there are several, the official one is the one with the picture of Forrestdale School and a Bulldog)
- For those of you who want to receive reminder notifications through Remind for Deane Porter School from Mrs. Feeney please text @Bulldogsdp to 81010 (ex. bus pickup is late, spirit days, Back to School Nights, etc.)
- For those of you who want to receive reminder notifications through Remind for Forrestdale from Mrs. Gibbons please text @BulldogsFD to 81010 (ex. bus pickup is late, spirit days, Back to School Nights, etc.)
- For those of you who want to receive reminder notifications through Remind for the Rumson School District from Dr. Bormann please text @rumsonsd to 81010 (ex. board meeting events, school accolades, safety or security reminders, etc.)
QSAC has designated the Rumson Borough School District as a High Performing District
SHOP Amazon & SUPPORT the REF! A portion of your purchase amount will go to the REF so we can continue making incredible strides supporting our Deane-Porter & Forrestdale Schools! Thank you!
Click "More" and start shopping!
| Upcoming Events |
Tue May 31
|Grade 7 Field Trip|
|Last Day of Bulldog PAC|
|Wed Jun 1|
|NJASK Makeup date|
|PTO Mtg 9:15 am|
|Thu Jun 2|
|DP Concert Gr. K-1 10:00-11:00 am|
|Gr. 2-3 7:00-8:00 pm|
|Tue Jun 7|
|Finance Committee - 5:00 pm|
|Wed Jun 8|
|6th Gr. Camp Bernie|
|Ed Committee - 5:00 pm|
|Planning Committee - 6:00 pm|
|Personnel Committee - 7:00 pm|
|Policy Committee - 6:30 pm|
|Thu Jun 9|
|3rd Gr. Moving Up 1:40 pm|
|6th Gr. Camp Bernie|
|Fri Jun 10|
|6th Gr. Camp Bernie|
|8th Gr. picnic|
|Mon Jun 13|
|8th Grade Waterpark Trip|
|Spring Sports Banquet 6:30-8PM FD Cafeteria|
|Tue Jun 14|
|Graduation Practice at RFH 9AM -11AM|